ObsessionwithBooks

Obsession with Books

Www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com I am an avid reader from Sydney, Australia with a love of all things book related. I love to read Young Adult (UF, Paranormal, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Contemporary and Dystopia) with the odd adult Paranormal or Contemporary romance thrown in at times. Obsession with Books was started in March 2011.
Already Home - Susan Mallery http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.comI have absolutely loved everything written by Susan Mallery, her Lone Star Sisters series was wonderful and although Already Home didn’t have the romance I have come to count on Mallery providing, it was still a wonderful, heartfelt story.Jenna Stevens has moved home to Georgetown, Texas to be closer to her adoptive parents and to start a fresh life for herself after her recent failed marriage. On a whim she leases a kitchen supply store but being a former chef with no retail experience whatsoever she has no idea where to start so hires streetwise Violet who is also insecure in her personal life but for very different reasons; together they work to build the start of a promising new store.Jenna’s self-esteem has really taken a plummeting, her ex-husband, Aaron belittled her and then betrayed her in the worst possible way until she didn’t think much of herself at all; it was nice to see her grow in strength and in character with the help of those around her.There is a lot happening in this book with a variety of different aspects to sort through, but it was told in a way that definitely doesn’t feel cluttered or confusing.There were a lot of characters in Already Home and each fit perfectly and helped Jenna to rebuild her life; they weren’t perfect but they complimented one another. The relationship Jenna shares with her parents is real and terribly sweet; they had the most wonderful bond. Violet had a terrible past and it was a secret she didn’t openly divulge to everyone, I respected her for that but was also saddened for her. I loved Tom and Serenity, Jenna’s adoptive parents; they were quirky and fun and it was enjoyable to see them reconnect.I am so used to reading Mallery’s contemporary romance series that I really missed it in Already home; the romantic aspect took a backseat to the main plot which revolved around Jenna and her new start to rebuild her life and business.It is an emotional story full of conflict, drama, heartache, growth and indecision that tests the boundaries of relationships with very real life themes.A thoroughly enjoyable read & I love the cover!