ObsessionwithBooks

Obsession with Books

Www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com I am an avid reader from Sydney, Australia with a love of all things book related. I love to read Young Adult (UF, Paranormal, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Contemporary and Dystopia) with the odd adult Paranormal or Contemporary romance thrown in at times. Obsession with Books was started in March 2011.
Road Signs - M.J. Fredrick http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.comREVIEW: 3 out of 5 starsWhen Willow agrees to spend Thanksgiving with her new boyfriend and his family, she doesn’t realize what a mistake she has made until she arrives, her bf starts acting strangely and his parents assume more of their relationship than what it is. Seeing herself stuck in a predicament of not being able to get home, she calls her best friend Cameron Trask.It wasn’t a hard decision for Cam, he packed up his parent’s dog Libby, borrowed his brother Brian’s much loved car and set off on the 3 hour trip to pick Willow up, no questions asked.When Cam arrived, Willow noticed some sexy physical changes about him which she hadn’t taken notice of before and when she finds out the potential job he would be interviewing for would take him thousands of miles away; she was actually quite disappointed. It was really a time for her to start re-assessing her feelings toward her best-friend.Cam is conservative environmentally, doesn’t appear to like change and is not into taking risks, he has loved Willow for a long time, having known her since they were 8 years old but never acting on his feelings out of fear of ruining their friendship. He had been trying to distance himself from her for sometime so the call definitely put a dampener on these plans. Willow is fiercely independent, having being raised by a single mother who always felt it necessary to have a man in her life to take care of her; Willow didn’t want to follow in her footsteps so everything she did had purpose and was well thought out.Everything that could go wrong on a road trip did go wrong for Cam & Willow; they had the worst luck some of it quite far-fetched but they persisted despite the set-backs and remained focused on getting Cam to Seattle in time for his interview.I absolutely love the friends to lovers trope! I enjoyed the tension and sensual build-up to the first kiss & eventual bed scenes between them; it seemed to be a relationship that should have happened a lot sooner than what it did.The sub-plot of Willow’s boyfriend/work colleague fit the storyline well although her reasoning behind the trip was a bit suspect and seemed to go against everything else we learn about her.I loved M.J. Fredricks writing style, she held my interest from the first to the last page. I look forward to reading more by this author.