ObsessionwithBooks

Obsession with Books

Www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com I am an avid reader from Sydney, Australia with a love of all things book related. I love to read Young Adult (UF, Paranormal, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Contemporary and Dystopia) with the odd adult Paranormal or Contemporary romance thrown in at times. Obsession with Books was started in March 2011.
Treasure Me - Christine Nolfi http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.comTreasure Me was kindly provided to me by the author, Christine Nolfi**Contains possible spoilers**Birdie Kaminsky is a petty thief in search of a score that could set her up for life and hopefully lead her down the path of straight and narrow; she is the by-product of criminal parents, her mother is wanted by the FBI and her father is serving time in prison so everything she knows has been ingrained since she was a child, being a thief is all she knows how to do and it is something she does well.Hugh Shaeffer is trying to resurrect a failing career as an investigative journalist when he lands in Liberty, Ohio to research suspected laundered funds from an article and a family he has worked on and with previously.When Birdie & Hugh arrive in Liberty there is only one apartment available for rent so they end up as reluctant room-mates yet are instantly attracted to one another. Little do they know what both their quests hold in store for them.Treasure Me had me engaged from the very first page, the twists and turns held my interest; it was like a puzzle which needed to be put back together. The mystery, history and the search for the rubies was fascinating; I originally set out to read a few chapters but literally couldn’t put the book down; it is a wonderful story of finding love and redemption.I loved Birdie and her quick witted responses and sarcasm, I enjoyed how she mentioned vegetables when she was thinking sweet memories, and it was a nice touch. I really felt for her and the life she has had to lead, it was her own choice but she seemed to sincerely want to stop what she was doing so she could settle down and have a nice life.Hugh at times confused me, he seemed to run hot and cold – one minute he wanted Birdie the next he was angry at her, I couldn’t quite grasp whether he wanted her sexually or romantically, he betrayed her trust by not only going to a PI rather than questioning her himself but he also went to his editor with her story; whether to protect her or not it was still betrayal. The only thing he seemed noble with was his want to help her rehabilitate and start over. I certainly would have made him work harder for love and affection.The Second Chance Grill team, Blossom and feisty little Theodora were absolutely wonderful; I loved them all as characters. Each played a part in the overall story and fit perfectly. I would have never have guessed the outcome!The only thing I found to be a tad too much were the number of characters; I found myself at times having to stop and think about who was who but I got through and each played their own important role.I love Ms Nolfi’s descriptive writing style, it is fabulous and fun and her mystery and romantic tidbits kept me riveted, she weaved complex yet relatable characters into a wonderful story; I loved the town of Liberty, they all stuck together and supported each other.I enjoyed my foray into Ms. Nolfi’s work and I can see myself reading her again in the future.