ObsessionwithBooks

Obsession with Books

Www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com I am an avid reader from Sydney, Australia with a love of all things book related. I love to read Young Adult (UF, Paranormal, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Contemporary and Dystopia) with the odd adult Paranormal or Contemporary romance thrown in at times. Obsession with Books was started in March 2011.
Cry Wolf - Angela Campbell www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.comCry Wolf was kindly provided to me by Netgalley for Carina Press.Andrea Lockhart is a reporter for a NY based tabloid, The Naked Truth and has been sent to Woodbine, South Carolina, to research a possible werewolf sighting. Andrea believes the notion to be ridiculous but is determined to make the most of it. Her investigation doesn’t start off too well when she is literally caught upside down and is rescued by none other than her College crush and nemesis Sean Hunter.Sean is working as the editor for Woodbine Weekly and remembers a very different Andrea from back in College, they parted on bad terms and he has always regretted his actions and the way he treated her but felt at the time he was doing the right thing.Andrea and Sean’s personal lives have been shaped based on circumstances beyond both their control, they have both changed immensely since their college days and working together to find the truth behind the werewolf rumors also bought for Andrea a sense of closure from the past and forged a new relationship with Sean as a possible future. I enjoyed seeing their relationship progress as the investigation did.I liked the mystery of not knowing whether there was an actual werewolf or not or whether Andrea was being taken for a fool; the suspense certainly had me intrigued and I really liked the small town setting of Woodbine; the location seemed idyllic and tranquil.I enjoyed Ms Campbell’s writing style, the characters were each likeable, the pacing for me was initially slow but it picked up and left me anticipating more.Cry Wolf was a nice, sweet and contemporary romance and I hope to read more books by Angela Campbell.