ObsessionwithBooks

Obsession with Books

Www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com I am an avid reader from Sydney, Australia with a love of all things book related. I love to read Young Adult (UF, Paranormal, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Contemporary and Dystopia) with the odd adult Paranormal or Contemporary romance thrown in at times. Obsession with Books was started in March 2011.
Falling In Danger - Kaylie Newell More of my reviews @ www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.comI received a copy of Falling in Danger by Kaylie Newell in exchange for my honest review.When Journalist Jessica Brady is captured by the head of an illegal dog fighting ring she does everything she possibly can to escape, not believing her father who they are planning on blackmailing will ever pay over the ransom her captors are requesting.Jessica was a believable character, her reactions and emotions when captured were portrayed perfectly; she was feisty, she showed her fear, she panicked and she fought back.Ian Cole is undercover and on the verge of arresting the key players involved in the organization of the dog fighting ring when he is assigned to babysit Jessica which also enables him to protect her from the evil son of the ring boss, Albert Mancini. When Ian's cover is blown he is forced to bust the ring early, but Jessica doesn’t give up and decides to pursue the story.I loved Ian and Jessica as a couple, he was certainly the alpha male and more or less lived for his job but I enjoyed how these two were bought together and their interactions.It was a really nice romance.Falling in Danger was a real page turner; I enjoyed all of the characters, including the villains who were truly horrible; even Bruta played a wonderful role – I adored this dog and truly felt for what he had to endure.Ms Newell’s writing is wonderful, the plot flowed quickly and smoothly and kept me riveted throughout. I will definitely read more books written by Kaylie Newell.