ObsessionwithBooks

Obsession with Books

Www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com I am an avid reader from Sydney, Australia with a love of all things book related. I love to read Young Adult (UF, Paranormal, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Contemporary and Dystopia) with the odd adult Paranormal or Contemporary romance thrown in at times. Obsession with Books was started in March 2011.
Thomas & January - Fisher Amelie More of my reviews @ www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.comI absolutely loved Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie so went into Thomas & January with my expectations quite high and although I enjoyed it, I didn’t love it as much as book 1.January MacLochlainn, the eldest of ten children has left a scholarship at Berkeley to pursue a career in the music world where her passion truly lies.Thomas Eriksson fled NY for Austin with a broken heart, he is a former musician and now a music scout; his whole persona from Callum & Harper did a complete turnabout, he went from being tie-dye Tom to dark, moody mysterious Tom.Thomas and January meet at a concert where they share a kiss but Thomas pulls away still reeling over his heartache and not expecting the emotions he feels after January kisses him. She is given gainful employment at the same company as Thomas but they don’t see each other for a few months which is about to change when Thomas is sent to Europe to scout for new talent and January is to accompany him.I thought January was wonderful, head-strong and determined at the beginning of the book, there was an innocence about her but she still stood up to Thomas; as the book progressed though she seemed to become weaker, I feel the same happened with Thomas – they started with a volatile relationship that was snarky and a bit of fun to something completely different. I would have loved a bit more character development to get to know them more than what we did, especially January.I did enjoy the secondary characters, each make a re-appearance from the first book which was great. I like when characters from past books play a big part, it is nice to see what they are now up to and the friendship they each share is sweet.Ms Amelie’s writing is detailed and enjoyable; I really love a book that has a lot of witty, fun dialogue. The plot was a tad predictable but enjoyable none the less.Thomas & January is a book filled with drama, romance, wonderful descriptions, a beautiful setting and likeable characters that will have you glued to the pages right from the beginning. A sweet read with a nice HEA.