ObsessionwithBooks

Obsession with Books

Www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com I am an avid reader from Sydney, Australia with a love of all things book related. I love to read Young Adult (UF, Paranormal, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Contemporary and Dystopia) with the odd adult Paranormal or Contemporary romance thrown in at times. Obsession with Books was started in March 2011.
Dragon Bound - Thea Harrison www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.comWhat a wonderful start to this new series by Thea Harrison, it kept me riveted from page one right to the end.The excitement begins when Pia Giovanni a half-human, half-wyr is black-mailed by her ex-boyfriend into breaking into the most ancient and most powerful Wyr Dragons hoard to steal an item from his significant collection. Pia opts to steal a 1962 penny, although she does replace it with a note and a penny of her own she knows she is in deep trouble so grabs some of her secret identities, a large sum of cash and starts running.Dragos Cuelebre is the absolute ruler of the Wyr’s, he hasn’t been challenged in a long time and is bored so sees the break-in as somewhat amusing as well as worrying for him that someone could actually locate his hidden den and break through his wards. So the hunt begins to find the person responsible and dole out suitable punishment.Upon learning the reasoning behind Pia’s betrayal, Dragos offers her a deal she finds hard to refuse and finds herself in a world of magic she has spent her life being warned about by her mother and has desperately tried to avoid.I absolutely loved the relationship between Dragos and Pia, their banter had me laughing out loud, he was feared by everyone but she stood up to him and seemed to be the only one able to calm him when his temper threatened to flair. She was yet another of his possessions, he was enthralled, intrigued and captured by the mystery that is Pia.It is a page turning exciting and sensual read that fans of the Paranormal Romance genre are certain to devour. I loved the amazing secondary characters, especially Tricks the miniscule and outspoken faerie as well as the other sexy sentinel dragons; Rune, Constantine, Graydon and Bayne, their loyalty and camaraderie was wonderful as was their fierce protective streak, I enjoyed the banter between them. I found the reasoning behind Pia’s inability to shift fascinating and boy was it an important reason! The author has created an amazing and unique world, an intriguing plot and a satisfying love story; it will leave readers wanting more.Ms Harrison is sure to win many readers with this wonderful new release, I highly recommend Dragon Bound and look forward to the release of Storm’s Heart, book 2 in the Elder Races series.