ObsessionwithBooks

Obsession with Books

Www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com I am an avid reader from Sydney, Australia with a love of all things book related. I love to read Young Adult (UF, Paranormal, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Contemporary and Dystopia) with the odd adult Paranormal or Contemporary romance thrown in at times. Obsession with Books was started in March 2011.
Inherit - Liz Reinhardt More of my reviews @ www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.comInherit was kindly provided to me by the wonderful Liz Reinhardt in exchange for my honest opinion.I absolutely adore Liz and her Brenna Blixen series so I was quite excited by the release of Inherit, the cover and synopsis instantly captured my attention, the concept is unlike any I have read previously and I found it utterly enthralling, I couldn’t put this book down.When Wren Kochi receives a mysterious package containing a live fox from relatives she has never met in Japan, she is instantly wary especially when things she has yearned for miraculously begin to appear.Jonas Balto is Wren’s long-time crush but after a misunderstanding they have barely acknowledged one another but he appears to know a lot more about her than what she could have imagined and has an understanding about what she is going through.Wren was practically raised by her now ailing grandmother, I adored her affections and love for Bestemore even though at times she was a tad too overprotective – she also had average teen problems; friendship, money, boy and family dramas which have made her life somewhat of a struggle but things are changing and she is starting to understand the secrets of her ancestors, the powers she was born to command and also the link she shares with Jonas and his family.Wren soon discovers her mother was descended from the Valkyrie/Shieldmaidens and her father from an ancient coven of witches. I found Liz’s explanation of both to be quite detailed yet it was nothing too confusing.The romance was done really well, no insta-love thank goodness! I initially thought Jonas was too understanding and taking everything that was happening too easily in his stride and without question but I soon understood why and how they were connected. Following their journey is going to be exciting, the only thing which bugged me was the constant back and forth and indecision between them.Liz did a great job on developing the secondary characters, I loved the relationship Wren had with her best friend Neveah, her opinion about Vee’s boyfriend was realistically portrayed, cousin Sakura was vindictive, jealous and just plain horrible but my most favorite was grandma Bestemore.Ms. Reinhardt has certainly written something completely unique to me, I was fascinated by the concept of her fox Loki being her telepathic fox familiar; she was clueless about her ancestors and I enjoyed learning about it all as she was.You cannot fault Liz’s amazing writing abilities, the dialogue between her characters is fun and witty and the plot utterly engrossing. I loved this book and I’m really excited to read the next installment.