ObsessionwithBooks

Obsession with Books

Www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com I am an avid reader from Sydney, Australia with a love of all things book related. I love to read Young Adult (UF, Paranormal, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Contemporary and Dystopia) with the odd adult Paranormal or Contemporary romance thrown in at times. Obsession with Books was started in March 2011.
Torch (Take It Off, #1) - Cambria Hebert Review: 2 ½ out of 5 starsTorch by Cambria Hebert was a quick and easy read and follows the story of Katie Parks who is a bit of a loner until she meets fire-fighter Holt Arkain who rescues her from her burning house fire.Katie has never allowed herself to form attachments; everyone she has loved has left her so she has learnt never to depend on anyone so when Holt starts showing a keen interest she becomes quite unsure about her feelings. Katie came across as a naïve character and although she was likeable there wasn’t a lot of depth to her as a person.Holt was a dominant hero with a kind, selfless nature, I liked him despite him coming on really strong, he had goals and I liked the way in which he pursued them.Torch has a severe case of insta-love, lust, attraction! I enjoyed the chemistry between this couple but it was pretty much right from the get go unfortunately, there was no slow to build romance which I tend to prefer. Holt offers Katie a roof over her head and to take care of her whilst she is still in the hospital, being a complete stranger I found this aspect a little odd since someone had just tried to kill her.The plot was interesting and flowed well, there was someone out to murder Katie and to be honest throughout the course of the book I had no idea of who it could possibly be since she was more or less always by herself with no friends or family so I was surprised by the outcome.This is my first Cambria Hebert book, the very beginning of the book was chilling and I found the writing to be engaging with witty banter and vivid imagery; I liked the premise of the story, smexy firemen always appeal to me but overall it just didn’t wow me.Thank-you kindly to Cambria Hebert and Netgalley for providing me with a review copy of Torch to read and review.