ObsessionwithBooks

Obsession with Books

Www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com I am an avid reader from Sydney, Australia with a love of all things book related. I love to read Young Adult (UF, Paranormal, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Contemporary and Dystopia) with the odd adult Paranormal or Contemporary romance thrown in at times. Obsession with Books was started in March 2011.
Find Me - Romily Bernard Reviews: 3 1/2 out of 5 StarsI was initially drawn to Find Me from the wonderful cover and intriguing synopsis, I love a good thriller/mystery and this seemed to be just the type of book I needed at this moment.Computer hacker Wick Tate is a foster child living with her sister after the death of her mother and imprisonment of her criminal father. Now on the run after escaping prison, Wick fears his return and never really settles with her foster family despite their efforts to include and accept her.Wick was witty and sarcastic and someone I felt quite sorry for; she was a loner with a past that was really quite sad and never really trusted anyone, I loved how caring she was towards her sister Lily and vice versa, she was a likeable character despite her wariness.When Tessa Waye, Wick’s former friends diary lands on her doorstep with the words ‘Find Me’ written inside, she decides to investigate her death and comes to the realisation she was actually murdered rather than what was a believed suicide and with her superior hacking skills slowly draws out not only the person who left her the diary but also the killer and realises she may be in over her head when this person sets their sights on her sister.Find Me was such a thrilling story that was mysterious, dark and had a sinister feel that kept me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next and guessing who the person was behind Tessa's death; I made a few guesstimates but oh boy was I wrong! the pacing for me was initially slow but around the half way mark it gained momentum and kept me riveted, the action sequences at the end really kept me flipping through the pages.Helping Wick is Griff, a fellow hacker who I quite liked but we don’t really find out too much about him and his attraction to Wick; it’s just sort of there as was their new relationship but it’s definitely not at the forefront of the story.Unfortunately for me there were a number of things which were difficult to believe or grasp such as the police involvement and their treatment of Wick, based on past history I wouldn’t have had faith in them as well, but I was also confused as to why she didn’t entrust an adult be it her foster parents or a teacher not only with Tessa’s diary but also with the work her father and his cronies were involving her with; I know it was difficult for her to rely on others but what she was doing and the trouble it could bring just didn’t sit right with me.I did like Ms. Bernards detailed writing style which flowed well and kept me engaged and despite the few small issues I had with it, it was an enjoyable and entertaining read - the twist we are given was definitely not what I was expecting.Overall, Find Me was filled with suspense, intrigue and likeable characters. It was a page turner which kept me wanting more.Thank-you kindly to Harper Teen for the opportunity to read and review Find Me.